National Fire Prevention Week teaches kids and adults how to be responsible for their personal safety, and increases family awareness of potentially harmful situations.
To help bring fire safety into the classroom, the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund co-hosts an annual Fire Prevention Week Contest. Students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 are invited to participate by creating a poster or video about fire prevention to be entered to win incredible prizes, such as an iPad or pizza party for their class.
The BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund partners with the following organizations to offer the Contest in an effort to reduce the number of fire and burn injuries among children:
- Office of the Fire Commissioner
- BC Fire Training Officers Association
- Fire Chiefs Association of BC
- First Nations’ Emergency Services Society
- Fire Prevention Officers’ Association of BC
- Volunteer Firefighters Association of BC
More information about the Fire Prevention Week Contest can be found below.
NFPA Fire Prevention Toolkit – Be sure check out the Teach Fire Safety resources at the bottom.