The Burn Fund is Hiring!
About the role
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this newly created role of Development Manager will lead and oversee all aspects of fundraising and philanthropic endeavours for the Burn Fund. This key leadership position will work towards building long-term relationships with donors and corporate sponsors, leading to a significant increase in long-term revenue. This role will be responsible for identifying prospects, developing cultivation and solicitation strategies, soliciting, and closing on donor gifts and ensures appropriate stewardship of donors.
- Strategizes and executes on organizational fundraising targets
- Develops and implements philanthropic business plan to help achieve fundraising goals
- Responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the assigned portfolios
- Responsible for management, engagement and communication with key fundraising volunteers and committees
- Manages the major and planned giving expense budgets; develops and manages the fundraising events expense budgets
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with appropriate external sources and represents the Society as required
- Develops, cultivates, and solicits through on-going relationships with key donors, volunteers, and prospects
- Oversees all aspects of and supports a strong volunteer team to deliver key events
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the role in relation to organizational goals
As a seasoned development champion, you thrive in multi stakeholder environments, whereby your negotiation skills are only surpassed by your passion for supporting an amazing cause. You are extremely comfortable educating donors on how funds will be leveraged, and love encouraging ongoing financial support of the organization. Additionally, you genuinely enjoy assisting in the execution of key events that contribute to the overall development strategy and flourish in environments whereby you are able to support a group of extremely passionate and cause-focused volunteers
- 3-5 years of progressive Development/Fundraising experience
- Proven ability to effectively interact with prospective and current donors with skill, tact, discretion, and compassion.
- In-depth experience with the principles of effective donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, project management and organizational skills. Intermediate MS Office skills
- Familiarity with google suite would be an asset
- Knowledge of fundraising, database software, preferably Raisers Edge
- A post-secondary education with a focus on Not-for-Profit Management and/or Fundraising would be an asset.
- Familiar with fundraising best practices, tools, programs, emerging trends, and potential issues.
- A deep network of donors in British Columbia would be an asset
- Able to contribute innovative solutions to complex challenges.
Benefits of collaborating with us
We offer a flexible, inclusive, and diverse work environment:
- An excellent employee benefits package for you and your dependents
- An office laptop and necessary equipment
- Cell phone allowance
- The ability to work from home on occasion
- Support for appropriate training and development initiatives
- Generous leave provisions (vacation, personal days and, typically, a Christmas holiday closure), as well as 12 paid statutory holidays per year
- Competitive salary
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume in a single word or PDF file to Shannon Okun at firstname.lastname@example.org, being sure to include the position title in the subject line. This posting will remain open until filled and screening will be ongoing.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax or mail applications please—and request that you do not phone. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the Burn Fund.