The Cantlie’s made a very generous $8,000.00 contribution to establish an annual educational bursary of $500.00 that will be offered to adult burn survivors of British Columbia.
Four year old Owen Cantlie had his hand burned on a fireplace when he was one year old. He has scars on his hand but has had no other issues. The Cantlie family became involved with efforts that resulted in legislative changes for fireplace manufacturers to add protective screens to their products. As well, anyone with a 2001 and newer gas fireplace has the opportunity to obtain a FREE screen. CLICK HERE
The Canlties received an honorarium from legal proceedings and wanted to create a legacy gift for the benefit of survivors in Owen’s name. “We would like to create a legacy of giving and supporting the burn fund and survivors for years to come so that Owen understands that his accident had meaning”, Craig Cantlie, Owen’s father.
We thank the Cantlies for their tremendous legacy contribution!
Charity Cantlie, Lois Budd (Burn Fund), Craig & Owen Cantlie