Construction begins on NEW Burn Fund Centre
We are very proud and extremely happy to announce construction began for the Burn Fund Centre project Wednesday December 10th! It was a momentous occasion to witness the first “dig” and watch excavation begin. Many thanks goes out to professional photographer Allan de la Plante for acting as our official photographer!
Click on the “Under Construction” sign to see more construction photos. Keep checking back for weekly progress photos of construction.
How can you help? With 95% of the funds raised, decease you can help us cross the finish line on this exceptional initiative. Remaining goal: $750,000.
Click on Boots to make a donation.
The new Burn Fund Centre will be the best place for burn and trauma survivors to recover.
Conveniently located at E. 23rd Avenue and Main Street between the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn, see Trauma & Plastics Unit at VGH & BC Children’s Hospital, the Centre will include:
- 8 short-term-stay, free of charge, furnished accommodation suites for patients and families while undergoing treatment at VGH or Children’s Hospital, advice on discharge transition or returning for follow up appointments
- Common spaces for all guests; a family friendly great room, children’s play area, large family kitchen, laundry facilities, computer stations, resource and games library, secure outdoor spaces, and healing garden with plants chosen for their burn injury-friendly qualities
- Information, Referrals & Subsidies for Child, Youth & Adult Burn Survivors
- “Future Is Mine”—Adult Burn Survivor Program
- Young Burn Survivor – Summer Camp
- Burn & Safety Awareness Educational Resources & Programs
- BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund Administration Offices
- Ground Floor includes 3,100 square feet of prime retail space—a social venture to support the building’s operations
Construction is estimated to be completed by late Fall 2015.